The Engineering Department is responsible for providing safe and adequate public facilities. The department provides the following services:
- Manages the construction of public infrastructure and Capital Investment Projects,
- Maintains drainage ways and structures,
- Monitors traffic flows and coordinates traffic counts throughout town,
- Maintains Avon's Heat Recovery System,
- Monitors water rights as they relate to existing and future development; and
- Provides technical support services to other departments.
2017 Town Construction Projects
The Town has several Capital projects that should interest residents and guests. They include:
- The Town has started a redesign of Beaver Creek Blvd from Beaver Liquors to Lake Street with construction scheduled in 2017. The redesign will change the current vehicle focus design to one that includes all modes of transportation such as bicyclists, pedestrians, automobiles and transit users.
- In 2016, the Town of Avon acquired the Mountain Vista Office Building located at 140 West Beaver Creek Blvd. The building will become New Town Hall in 2017 and it is expected to house the Town administrative offices, municipal court, and Council Chambers, in addition to having meeting rooms and community spaces. The interior finish on the building is expected to cost $1.8 million.
- Nottingham Park will receive $350,000 in grant money to update the playground and improve pedestrian and bike access. The improvements for this grant-funded project will include new creek play areas, a nature play obstacle course, and new playground equipment. In addition to the construction of a new playground, the project will address the bike path and lighting, landscape and irrigation, and educational riparian loop, additional seating and two new shelters.
- Finally, in Nottingham Park the Town is working on remodeling the restroom and replacing the playground. The restrooms are under construction and will be open by July, 2017. The playground and will be rebuilt in Fall of 2017.