Free Spaces to Explore Summer 2017
The Town of Avon has free public parking supported by free bus service, which provide residents and guests with access to Avon's vibrant retail and restaurant commercial core, Recreation Center, Library, Nottingham Park and Beaver Creek Resort. In Avon, you can park once and walk, bike or ride the bus to your destination.
Welcome to Avon, Colorado!
Around Town Walk Times
- City Market to Nottingham Park | 10 minutes
- Post Office to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 6 minutes
- Westin Riverfront Hotel to Avon Station | 1 minute
- Nottingham Park to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 4 minutes
- Avon Recreation Center to Avon Station | 4 minutes
As a bike-accessible community, the Town of Avon encourages locals and visitors to take advantage of a network of multi-use paths and sidewalks, including the pedestrian-only Main Street Mall and Lettuce Shed Lane. Additionally, the Town offers paved recreational paths around Nottingham Park, along the Eagle River, and throughout Town. There are also dirt single tracks on the northwest side of Town in the West Avon Preserve.
Around Town Bike Times
- Nottingham Park to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 2 minutes
- City Market to Nottingham Park | 5 minutes
- Avon Station to Nottingham Park | 2 minutes
- Nottingham Park to City Market | 5 minutes
- Avon Post Office to Westin Riverfront Hotel | 2 minutes
Bus Routes Avon Transit is designed to make your visit to Avon, whether for work or recreation, an enjoyable and convenient experience. Our public transit system provides fare-free bus and gondola service. Bus and gondola operations are paid for by the town's general revenue fund.
Summer Bus Schedule Begins May 21, 2017
Click here for the spring schedule.
Avon East--Red Line
The Avon East--Red Line runs every 30-minutes between 6:44 a.m. and 6:06 p.m. The route services the residential areas in east Avon along Hurd Lane and Hwy 6, including Traer Creek Plaza and Buffalo Ridge Housing Complex.
Avon West--Blue Line The Avon West--Blue Line runs every 30-minutes between 6:29 a.m. and 6:06 p.m. The route services the residential areas in west Avon along West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Hwy 6, including the Town Core businesses and Traer Creek Plaza.
Avon Loop--Night RiderThe Avon Loop--Night Rider Shuttle runs from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., providing service within the Town core to locals and guests on a 30-minute loop.
Avon has free spaces for you to explore, including free parking! Locals and visitors can discover Avon’s restaurants, recreation facilities, parks, library, retail stores, ice skating, Eagle River access with more than 200 FREE parking spaces. These spaces provide access to free buses and the free Riverfront Express Gondola, which connects Avon to Beaver Creek Resort during the winter season.
Parking is dispersed throughout the town center with a variety of on-street, parking lot and parking structure spaces available. All parking is free with no overnight parking from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. Look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy to read blue circles and “P” designation. For a map of Town of Avon free parking, visit www.avon.org/parking.
Parking Around Town
- Lake Street On-Street Parking | 41 spaces
- Mikaela Way Parking Lot | 36 spaces
- Town Hall Parking Lot | 82 spaces
- Avon Recreation Center | 93 spaces
- East Benchmark Road On-Street Parking | 21 spaces
- West Beaver Creek Blvd On-Street Parking | 20 spaces