A few friendly reminders for the Wildridge Community:
- All outdoor lighting is required to be dark sky friendly. Schedule a visit by Town staff to verify your compliance by calling (970) 748-7023, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- West Avon Preserve has trail closures from December 15 to April 15. Rules can be found at avon.org/907/Biking-and-Hiking-Trails.
- Exterior modifications and improvements require town approval (i.e. landscaping, decks, color changes). Visit Avon.org/planning for required forms and fees.
- Parking is allowed in approved locations only. If you anticipate overflow, please visit avon.org/forms.aspx?fid=42 and fill out a Parking Permit. Contact the Police Department at least 24 hours in advance to obtain written permission to park vehicles on a street fronting the property for a period of time not in excess of six hours.
- Noxious weeds like milk thistle are required to be removed. It is the property owners or occupant’s responsibility to control the infestation of noxious weeds and undesirable plants. A warning notice is issued to properties out of compliance. Failure to comply within specified time period will result in the Town’s Public Works Department implementing weed control at the expense of the property owner.
- Ditch maintenance occurs between April through September. Town staff clean and repair ditches, so please keep ditches clear as items may be removed.
- Wildfire risk may be elevated due to drought conditions. Be aware of fire risks and restrictions. Use www.ecalert.org for emergency notifications. Eagle River Fire Protection District offers homeowners free personalized Fire Risk Assessments for your property. During a Home Fire Risk Assessment, members of ERFPD will visit your home to focus on identification and awareness of the potential fire risks specific to your home, as well as what you can do to reduce or prevent the occurrence of a fire or other emergency situation. To schedule a personalized Home Fire Risk Assessment, contact (970) 736-3103 or email@example.com.
- Town Clean Up Week is scheduled in mid May yearly. Town Council members dedicate one day to participate in the cleanup. Disposal of qualified items is free. To initiate a pick-up, call Avon Public Works at (970)748-4100 and leave a message with the item(s) requiring disposal and requested pick up date, and place the items curbside. Qualifying items include: most used appliances, furniture, yard waste, regular garbage, and other items routinely accepted at the landfill.