Nottingham Lake & Beach
The Log Cabin & Stand Up Paddle Colorado
The Log Cabin on Nottingham Lake serves as the central headquarters for Avon's summer activities in the park. The Town of Avon has partnered with Stand Up Paddle Colorado to offer recreation activities on the lake during the summer months from Memorial Weekend to Labor Day weekend from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. The Cabin has pedal boat rentals, stand up paddle board rentals, fishing poles and bait as well as concessions available.
Please call Nottingham Lake Cabin (970) 748-4086 for additional information.
Paddle Board Rentals
Stand up paddle boards are available for rent by the hour to use on Nottingham Lake.
- Fees: $25 per hour for paddle board rental
- No pets are allowed on the paddle boards
- Life jackets are provided
Pedal Boat Rentals
Four-person pedal boats are available for rent by the hour to use on Nottingham Lake.
- Fees: $15 per half-hour and $20 per one-hour for pedal boat rental
- No pets are allowed on the pedal boats
- Life jackets are provided and are required to be worn by all persons at all times
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult while on the pedal boats
Athletic Equipment Rentals
Croquet sets, volleyballs, frisbees, soccer balls, footballs and basketballs are available for a $2.00 rental fee. A driver's license or credit card must be held until all equipment has been returned. Equipment is not available for overnight rental.
Fishing on Nottingham Lake
Colorado State Fishing Laws apply. Fishing may be conducted from the banks of the lake during boating hours and is permitted from the dock anytime prior to 10:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m. Fishing poles and bait can be purchased at the Log Cabin. Fishing licenses are required and can be purchased at many Avon retail stores.
The Town of Avon Parks and Recreation Department must register all boats, including fly fishing float tubes, launched on Nottingham Lake.
- The annual registration fee is $12 and forms are available at the Town of Avon beginning the first week in May.
- After registration, boaters will receive a 2017 boat sticker which must be attached to the vessel and visible to park personnel.
- Motorized crafts are not permitted on Nottingham Lake.
- Boat occupants are required to wear life jackets at all times.
- Boating is permitted through the end of September from sunrise to sunset.
The Log Cabin is located at the Southeast shore of Nottingham Lake.
Driving Directions: Exit I-70 at 167, go southbound on Avon Road, head west (right) at West Benchmark Blvd (third roundabout). The road will end in the parking area for the cabin.