National Night Out
National Night Out - Tuesday, August 1, 2017
The 34th annual National Night Out event will take place in Avon on Tuesday, August 1, 2017, and it will be the eleventh year that Avon has been involved. The events strengthen police and community relationships and encourage neighborhoods to form a partnership to fight crime. The events encourage residents to turn on their outside lights, lock their doors, and come outside to spend the evening with their neighbors and public safety personnel.
Agencies throughout Eagle County will be hosting a variety of neighborhood events, such as block parties, barbeques and ice cream socials. Join your neighbors, friends, local businesses and first responders at a location near you. Stop by with questions, get involved, meet your neighbors, participate in fun activities and enjoy free food.
National Night Out events will take place at the following locations:
Avon Police Department:
• The Aspens Community Park: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• O’Neal Spur Park in Wildridge: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Eaglebend Apartments: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Avon Elementary Soccer Field: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Contact Officer Toby Baldwin @ (970) 748-4040
Eagle County Sheriff’s Office:
• Edwards Freedom Park Playground Pavilion: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Edwards Metro District co-hosting with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office)
• Gypsum WECMRD / Lundgren Theater: 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Eagle Police Department and the Town of Gypsum co-hosting with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office)
- Contact Eagle County Sheriff’s Office – Community Affairs Officer Amber Barrett @ (970) 328-8512
- Contact Eagle Police Department – Officer Brett Harper@ (970) 328-6351
Basalt Police Department:
• Willits-Triangle Park: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eagle County Sheriff's Office and the Basalt & Rural Fire Protection District co-hosting with the Basalt Police Department)
- Contact Police Chief Greg Knott @ (970) 927-4316
Vail Police Department:
• Lionshead Information Booth: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Contact Officer Dan Torgerson @ (970) 479-2200 or Commander Daric Harvey @ (970) 477-3433
For more information on this nationwide event and to view some safety and crime prevention tips, check out ADT's National Night Out Guide at http://www.adtsecurity.com/shared/2016/07/National-Night-Out.pdf.
Please contact Officer Jeff Briggs or Officer Toby Baldwin, with the Avon Police Department with any questions or if you would like to volunteer! Call (970) 784-4040.