Avon, CO – On Wednesday, November 16, 2016, beginning at 5:00 p.m., the Town of Avon will hold an open house and public meeting concerning the Beaver Creek Boulevard Redesign Project. The purpose of the gathering will be to review the information collected from previous stakeholder and public sessions and apply changes from the meetings to develop a new recommendation for the street design. Pending the outcomes of the meeting, it is anticipated that the Town Council would hold a work session to discuss the Beaver Creek Boulevard Redesign Project at the December 13, 2016, Town Council meeting. If a design is finalized, the project will be priced and a schedule developed for the Town Council. The schedule is expected to include a bid date of late March 2017 and construction timeline in 2017, either in total or in phases into 2018. If more review and design time is needed, the schedule will be adjusted.
The program for the session is as follows:
5:00 p.m. – Open House
- Attendees will be able to review results from previous stakeholder and public meetings and on-site observations during the testing period
- The recommended street design will be presented, included the following:
- Widening of the south sidewalk to accommodate pedestrians and bicycle riding
- Elimination of the separated bike lanes – Provide painted bike lane markings between vehicle travel lanes and parallel parking spaces
- Removal of back-in parking stalls, and implementation of parallel parking spots on both sides of the street
- Elimination of a round-about option at Beaver Creek Place – Retain the three-way stop
6:00 p.m. – Public Meeting
Light refreshments will be provided.
- Design Workshop, consultants to the Town, will present stakeholder and public meeting results, on-site observations and modified street design
- Public Input
For more information, please contact Matt Pielsticker, Planning Manager, at 970-748-4413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.