AVON, CO – The Town of Avon and Eagle River Fire Protection District (ERFPD) are pleased to announce they will be hosting a Grand Opening Ceremony for the Avon Public Safety Facility at noon on Thursday, October 19, 2017.
- The facility, which houses the Town of Avon’s Police Department and serves as a regional fire station for the Fire District, was built to replace inadequate and aged facilities. The move also shifts emergency response out of the pedestrian core of Avon and provides improved response to I-70 for vehicular emergencies.
- Designed by Davis Partnership Architects, the Avon Public Safety Facility incorporates the latest in functionality and energy efficiency. The facility provides shared space for combined agency training and meeting needs, as well as:
- Accommodates relocation of the ladder truck to the Avon core, a key component of ERFPD’s system for rapid and effective response to structure fires, including multi-story buildings, and other emergencies
- Facilitates police and fire working collaboratively on a day-to-day basis
- Meets all staffing, equipment, storage and operational needs for the next 50 years and beyond
All members of the public are welcome to join local first responders and elected officials at the Grand Opening Ceremony to celebrate the completion and inception of the new, state-of-the-art facility.
What: Avon Public Safety Facility Grand Opening Ceremony
When: Thursday, October 19, 2017 | Noon
Where: 60 Buck Creek Rd | Located on Nottingham Rd and Swift Gulch Rd in Avon
# # #
Eagle River Fire Protection District is a professional fire service agency and proudly serves Tennessee Pass, Camp Hale, Red Cliff, Minturn, EagleVail, Avon, Mountain Star, Wildridge, Beaver Creek (by contractual agreement), Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Homestead, Edwards, Lake Creek, Singletree, Pilgrim Downs, Cordillera, Bellyache Ridge, Red Sky Ranch and associated portions of I-70, Hwy 6 & 24.