Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council held a regular meeting on December 12th. Highlights of the meeting include the following:
- Council approved Ordinance 17-18 on second and final reading, thereby approving a Rezoning Application adding Nottingham Road properties to the Short Term Overlay Zone District. The ordinance will go into effect January 11, 2018.
- Council authorized the Town Manager to issue a Notice of Award for the New Town Hall project to FCI Constructors, Inc., in the amount of $3,252,890, with funding, as appropriated, in the 2017 Town of Avon Capital Projects Fund budget. Davis Partnership is the architect retained by the Town of Avon to complete the design build-out of the three-story shell building to be transformed into the New Town Hall. The guiding objectives and programming effort was led by Davis Partnership, in collaboration with a design committee, which included Town Council representatives, community leaders and Town staff department heads. The Town Council approved the guiding objectives and program for the building at the February 28, 2017, meeting and subsequently Davis Partnership initiated the completion of the construction documents, a pricing and value engineering exercise, and then bid of the project.
The approved program for the NTH includes the following:
• Open council/Court chamber that is flexible to be a mixed-use space for the community, special events, gallery, visitor center and other uses
• The Council and Court judge will be located on a dais
• A conference room with a kitchen next to the Chamber
• A full-time receptionist, Town Clerk and special events staff located on the first floor
• Restrooms on the first floor will be available to the public
• A large meeting room for Council executive sessions and staff meetings will be on the second floor
• There is 1,600-FT of expansion space available on the second floor which can be rented in the interim
- First reading of Ordinance 17-21 was approved, which if approved on second reading on January 9th, will amend the Avon Municipal Code to rename the Transportation Department to the Mobility Department. The new title more accurately reflects the aim of providing and maintaining safe, cost effective and quality mobility systems in Avon.
- The 2018 Avon Town Council meeting schedule was approved. Regular meeting dates will be held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings will begin at 5:00 p.m.
All Town Council meetings can be streamed live or viewed online in the days following the meeting at www.highfivemedia.com/watch. The Town Council’s next meeting is January 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Agendas and packet materials can be found at www.avon.org. For more information on the December 12th meeting or future meetings, please contact Preston Neill, Deputy Town Manager, at (970) 748-4404 or email@example.com.