Avon, CO – The Avon Town Council held a regular meeting on May 8th. Highlights of the meeting include the following:
- Eagle River Fire Protection District (ERFPD) Fire Chief Karl Bauer and Wildfire Mitigation Specialist Jeff Zechman presented to Council about general preparedness for wildfire in the Wildridge Subdivision, evacuation procedures for Wildridge, and declaration processes and procedures. ERFPD continues to work closely with the Avon Police Department to define evacuation routes from Wildridge. ERFPD encourages residents to participate in a free personalized Home Fire Risk Assessment, allowing members of ERFPD to identify potential fire risks specific to your home, and provide recommendations for reducing the risk of fires.
- Council approved the Preliminary Planned Unit Development (PUD) amendment land use application for Planning Area F, Village at Avon PUD. The rezone will allow for more residential density, higher building heights and fewer commercial requirements.
- Eagle County Housing Director Kim Bell Williams delivered a presentation on the recently completed Eagle River Valley Housing Needs and Solutions 2018 Report. Willa Williford of Williford, LLC presented a draft of the Avon Workforce Housing Plan 2018-2021 for Council review. Council offered direction on the draft and the final document will be reviewed and finalized at the regular Council meeting on June 12, 2018.
- Council approved First Reading of Ordinance 18-05, approving a Rezoning Application for the Folson Annexation Property. If approved on Second Reading, the Ordinance would change the zoning of the zoning of the bottom portion of the property, measuring approximately four acres, from PUD to the Residential High-Density zone district. It would include the ability to rent units for fewer than 30 days at a time by including the Short-Term Rental Overlay zone district. The upper area of the property would be zoned Open Space, Landscaping, and Drainage zone district, and, accordingly, no development could take place on the steeper hillsides. Second Reading is scheduled for the regular Council meeting on May 22, 2018.
- Council approved the Lake Street Market proposal and sponsorship request, with sponsorship appropriated from the 2018 General Fund Contingency in the amount of $21,000. The Town will be the Presenting Sponsor of this Wednesday evening market, which will be named Avon’s Lake Street Market.
All Town Council meetings can be streamed live or viewed online in the days following the meeting at www.highfivemedia.org/series/avon-town-council. The Town Council’s next meeting is May 22nd at 5:00 p.m. Agendas and packet materials can be found at www.avon.org. For more information on the May 8th meeting or future meetings, please contact Preston Neill, Deputy Town Manager at (970) 748-4404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.