Avon PD Receives 100% Compliance in Annual CALEA Accreditation Cycle
Avon, CO – The Avon Police Department is the smallest agency in Colorado to be accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA®). The CALEA Accreditation program provides public safety agencies with an opportunity to voluntarily meet an established set of professional standards, which require:
- Comprehensive and uniform written directives that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities
- Reports and analyses to make fact-based and informed management decisions.
- Preparedness to address natural or man-made critical incidents
- Community relationship-building and maintenance
- Independent review by subject matter experts
- Continuous pursuit of excellence through annual reviews and other assessment measures
Avon PD recently completed year three of a four-year CALEA accreditation assessment cycle and were found to be 100% compliant to the Commission standards. Fewer than 1% of law enforcement agencies in the United States are accredited through CALEA.
Additionally, Avon PD recently received a five-year accreditation renewal through the Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP). The staff at Avon PD are proud to be accredited by the CACP, as it reflects all the hard work that the men and women at the Avon Police Department complete 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to serve to better the community.