For Immediate Release | July 3, 2016Contact: Danita Dempsey, Director of Festivals & Special Events970-748-4032 | email@example.com
Salute to the USA Fireworks Launch Avon's Expansive Free Summer EventsPop Up Strings will continue the exceptional cultural offerings for a perfect summer in Avon
Avon, CO – Tonight’s Salute to the USA gathering and extraordinary fireworks in Harry A. Nottingham Park marks the beginning to Avon’s exceptional offerings of free community events. The free summer events are funded by the Town of Avon to enrich the cultural opportunities for citizens and guests and to provide an opportunity for our community to gather in conversation and celebration of the beautiful surroundings in which we live. The free community summer events begin with Pop Up Strings this Friday.
• POP UP STRINGSJULY 8, JULY 15, JULY 22 | 6:00 to 7:30 pm – Main Street MallNew this year is the Pop Up Strings series featuring a pre-dinner classical music concert at the Mail Street Mall on three Fridays in July. Beethoven, Bach, Brahms and/or Mozart will be featured in what is expected to be an intimate setting for musicians and community alike.
• LAKESIDE SUNDAYSJULY 17, AUGUST 14 & SEPTEMBER 11 | 4:00 to 7:00 pm – Avon Performance PavilionJoin the Avon community on the Performance Pavilion's event terrace overlooking Nottingham Lake for a relaxing close to the weekend. A local DJ will provide the musical ambiance for the casual late afternoon gatherings.
• VAIL INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL - DANCING IN THE PARK!AUGUST 4 | 4:30 to 8:00 pm – Avon Performance PavilionVail International Dance Festival’s company-in-residence, BalletX, comes to the Avon Performance Pavilion for one night with a family-friendly, high-energy performance. Back for a second year in Avon, the popular dance program will include a variety of dances and dance styles.
• BOULDER SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA - MOZART IN THE MOUNTAINSAUGUST 7 | 5:30 to 7:30 pm – Avon Performance PavilionThe Boulder Symphony will perform Mozart's Symphony No. 41 in C "Jupiter" at the Avon Performance Pavilion in Harry A. Nottingham Park. Dedicated to making symphonic music more accessible and relevant to people of all ages and backgrounds, Boulder Symphony introduces gifted new composers and musicians, adventurous world premieres, and focuses on educational outreach and interactive programs for youth. Committed to consistent innovation, the Symphony embraces music’s transformative joy of discovery.
• AVON LIVE! SUMMER CONCERT SERIESAUGUST 10, 17, 24 & 31 | 5:00 to 8:30 pm – Avon Performance PavilionGet ready - the Avon Live! Summer Concert Series returns in August offering four exceptional evenings of live music! The Wednesday evening music series is quickly becoming tradition and features award winning national talent and provides the community an opportunity to come together and experience music, fresh and unique foods from food-trucks and an awesome summer evening in the park.
August 10 | TBDAugust 17 | TodoMundoAugust 24 | The Samples & Big Sam's Funky NationAugust 31 | Shawn Colvin & Steve Earle
Libations will be available for purchase at all events. In addition to Avon’s free community events, ticketed festival information can be found at www.avon.org/specialevents.
Join us for an incredible summer.
# # #