The inaugural Summer's End celebration over Labor Day Weekend showcases all things uniquely Avon with an array of family friendly activities to explore. We begin Summer's End with Lakeside Cinema on Friday evening at dusk followed by the Avon Art Festival opening on Saturday morning and lasting through the weekend. Saturday offers a full day of relaxation or activity at Nottingham Lake including sand volleyball, SUP and paddleboat rentals, playing at the swim beach or lounging under a tree and enjoying a picnic.
Sunday kicks into high gear with several super-fun activities to include three NEW races in partnership with SUP CO and listed below. Sunday winds down with a great evening of live music at SunsetLIVE!
*Online pre-registration open until noon on Saturday, September 4th. Walk-up participants are welcome the day of the race as space allows. Walk-ups must pay any registration fees with cash
We round out Summer's End with a free performance by legendary trailblazing band, Los Lobos. For over five-decades, the East-L.A.-bred band has made an indelible mark on music history by exploring an enormous diversity of genres–rock-and-roll and R&B, surf music and soul, mariachi and música norteña, punk rock and country, and building a boldly unpredictable sound all their own.
Friday, Sept. 3rd at Dusk: Lakeside Cinema featuring Selena
Saturday, Sept. 4th through Monday Sept. 6th: Avon Art Festival Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Monday 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 5th: In partnership with SUP CO (Race times are subject to change due to the number of registrations, weather etc.)
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP Race Individual Competition on Nottingham Lake | Register here!
- 1:45 - 3:00 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP-Squatch Team Race on Nottingham Lake | Register here!
- 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. | Cardboard Boat Regatta on Nottingham Lake | Register here!
- 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. | SunsetLIVE! on The Terrace at Nottingham Lake featuring Turntable Revue
- 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. | SunsetLIVE! on The Terrace at Nottingham Lake featuring Robby Peoples Band
Monday, Sept. 6th: