August 29, 2023 Mail Ballot Special Election (DDA)
The Town of Avon has initiated the process to form a Downtown Development Authority (“DDA”), a separate government entity. The formation of a DDA is subject to voter approval by the eligible voters within the DDA area. For more information click here.
- On June 27, 2023, Avon Town Council approved Ordinance 23-02 referring the establishment of a Downtown Development Authority to a Special Election to be held August 29, 2023.
- Under Resolution 23-11, Avon Town Council appointed the Avon Town Clerk as the Designated Election Official.
- The election will be conducted as an Independent Mail Ballot Election administered by the Town of Avon Town Clerk. This is not a coordinated election conducted by Eagle County Clerk’s Office.
- The proposed DDA area would encompass the West Town Center, East Town Center, and valley floor area of the Village (at Avon). View the proposed DDA area map.
- Ballots must be sealed in the official return envelope and may be dropped off at the ballot box located at Avon Town Hall, on business days between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., and on Election Day between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. The Avon Town Clerk must receive your ballot no later than 7:00 p.m. on August 29, 2023 or it will not be counted.
- View the PUBLIC NOTICE OF SPECIAL ELECTION.
- View the SAMPLE BALLOT.
- Ballot Question No. 1: ESTABLISHING AVON DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY SHALL THE AVON DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BE ESTABLISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH TOWN OF AVON ORDINANCE NO 23-02? @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Eligible voters within the DDA area include residents, property owners and business lessees within the proposed DDA boundary area. Eligible voting residents in the proposed DDA boundary must be U.S. citizens. View a summary of electors qualified to vote in this election.
- If you are a registered voter, a ballot will be mailed to you on August 7, 2023.
- To register to vote or to make changes to your voter registration click here.
- If you are new resident qualified to vote in this election, you may request a ballot by completing and submitting an Affidavit (Form A) to the Avon Town Clerk who will confirm your eligibility and mail you a ballot.
- If you are a natural person Landowner qualified to vote in this election, you may request a ballot by completing and and submitting an Affidavit (Form A) to the Avon Town Clerk who will confirm your eligibility and mail you a ballot.
- If you are a Landowner and/or lessee entity (for example, an LLC or corporation that are landowners or lessees) qualified to vote in this election, you may vote by designating a natural person to vote on your behalf (the designated person cannot vote twice in this special election i.e. if the designated person already received a ballot as a registered owner, another person must be designated to cast a vote on behalf of the Landowner and/or Lessee entity). To do so, complete and submit an submit an Affidavit (Form B for Landowners and Form C for Lessees) to the Avon Town Clerk who will confirm your eligibility and mail a ballot.
Important Dates and Voter Guide
August 7, 2023: Ballots will be mailed to registered voters beginning this day.
August 18, 2023: Last day to process affidavits received in the mail and mail-out ballots.
August 21, 2023: Affidavits can only be processed in-person.
August 22, 2023: Going forward, it is recommended you drop-off your ballot in person at Avon Town Hall's Service Center to ensure timely receipt, or consider sending it by courier.
August 29, 2023: Special Election.
Click here to access the VOTING GUIDE and obtain detailed voter information for this special election.
- To mail a ballot, send to:
Town Clerk, Elections
PO Box 4360,
Avon, CO, 81620.
- To courier a ballot, send to:
Town Clerk, Elections
100 Mikaela Way,
Avon, CO, 81620.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>