- Special Events
- Events at a Glance
- Salute to the USA
37th Annual Salute to the USA
We invite you to take part in the family friendly festivities in Harry A. Nottingham Park with face painters, holiday themed stilt walkers, balloon sculptors, magicians, inflatable fun houses and so much more! Bring your blanket and enjoy festival style food favorites from fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes to turkey legs and roasted ears of corn. Live music from Grammy Award winning artists is sure to keep you dancing and singing, followed by one of the biggest fireworks show in Colorado over Nottingham Lake!
Date: Monday, July 3rd, 2023
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Location: Harry A. Nottingham Park
Opener: TBA takes the stage at 6:00 p.m.
Headliner: Los Lonely Boys
Getting to and Leaving Salute to the USA: Public transportation is the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park. If you must drive, parking will be available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lots. Expect lengthy delays to egress.
AVON TRANSIT: All Avon busses and shuttles arrive and depart from Avon Station.
- The Town of Avon transit department will operate the Red and Blue Lines from 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Avon Night Rider will operate from 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Avon Transit will run off-schedule all day.
- Lake Street & Comfort Inn bus stops are closed.
TO / FROM BEAVER CREEK:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and the Elk and Bear lots between 5:00 - 11:00 p.m
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station, Walmart and the Eagle-Vail Community Center between 5:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and Freedom Park from Avon Station between 5:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Fare-free service will be provided beginning at 4:00 p.m. until the end of the day.
- Questions should be directed to call ECO Transit at (970) 328-3520.
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES | Sunday, July 3
- Lake Street – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- West Benchmark Road at Mikaela Way – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m
- Riverfront Lane – 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
General Parking at Salute to the USA
- Parking is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
- Available at designated on-street parking locations.
- Available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot.
- Designated private parking lots.
- Or, by permit only.
- Bring your reusable water bottle
- Portions of the park will be closed starting at 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on July 3rd to accommodate set-up of the event
- Parking close in to the venue is by permit only. General public parking is extremely limited and we encourage you to walk, ride your bike or take public transportation
- Bags and coolers will be checked at all festival entry points for alcohol (no outside alcohol allowed) starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed - large crowds and loud music can easily scare pets
- There will still be public access to the north side of the park to include the beach and sand volleyball courts via the Lake Street north entrance, W. Beaver Creek Blvd. entrance and west entrance near Avon Elementary School
- Nottingham Lake will be closed at 6:00 p.m..
- Please remember to be considerate of the environment and do your part to dispose of your litter
- Plan ahead - due to the high volume of vehicular traffic and in an effort to get you to your destination as quickly as possible, all vehicles traveling south on W. Beaver Creek Blvd. - towards Avon Elementary - will be directed westbound on Highway 6. All vehicles traveling south on Avon Road -towards Beaver Creek - will be directed eastbound on Highway 6. We thank you in advance for your patience!
Remember your reusable water bottle – Plastic-Free Event!Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 50% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices)
• There will not be any beverages available for purchase in single-use plastic bottles.
• There will be water filling stations and canned product available for purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions