Park Rules & Regulations
General Park RulesAll Town parks are open from sunrise to sunset daily.
It is unlawful to conduct any of the following activities in any Town park unless specifically approved through a special permit or license. For permitting procedures or applications please call (970) 748-4060.
- Advertise, solicit or sell goods or services
- Discard litter, trash or fish waste anywhere but in designated containers
- Have dogs off leash outside of off-leash area and hours
- Operate motorized vehicles in non-designated areas
- Fish from the boat dock during boating hours
- Fish without a valid Colorado fishing license (ages 16 and over)
- Hit golf balls, shoot arrows or firearms
- Have large group gatherings in excess of 50 people; if you wish to have a gathering of 50 people or more please contact Danita Dempsey- Culture, Arts & Special Events Manager. email@example.com
- Loiter, vandalize or remove park property
- Have open fires except for combustion of charcoal in fire pits or grills
- Camp overnight
- Use model planes, boats, cars or stunt kites in areas that interfere with park patrons
Open Containers in Harry A. Nottingham Park
- Swimming pool-type devices or single chambered vessels are not allowed outside of the open swim area.
- All vessels must contain one coast guard approved wearable life preserver for each occupant, as outlined in Title 33 of Colorado Revised Statutes. The Town of Avon requires all boaters under the age of 13 to be wearing a lifejacket at all times while on Nottingham Lake.
- Pets must be kept on a leash not to exceed ten feet in length which is being held by a person unless they are in the off-leash dog area from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages in the park or while boating is prohibited.
- Swimming, jumping, or diving from boats is prohibited.
- Launching of boats must occur in designated area adjacent to the docks on the north and south side of the lake.
- No trailer launching is allowed. All vessels will have to be carried by hand from legal parking areas to the launching areas. No motorized vehicles or trailers are allowed in the park.
- Only non-motorized vessels less than 16 feet in length are allowed.
- Boating is permitted during daylight hours, from sunrise to sunset.
- The Town of Avon reserves the right to limit the number of boats and/or vessels on the lake at any given time to preserve the lake experience.
- Organized water events must be permitted through the Recreation Department as set forth in Nottingham Park Rules and Regulations.
- Drones may not be launched, operated, or landed from Town property without permission from the Town.
The following are prohibited:
- Swimming outside of the designated rope and buoy area
- Glass containers and bottles
- Personal grills and other cooking devices
- Fishing within the swim and beach area boundaries
- Dogs in the lake
- Tobacco or marijuana smoking
To report inappropriate activity please call (970) 479-2200. Violators may be subject to fines. For complete park rules and regulations please see the Town of Avon ordinance No. 09-18 at www.avon.org
Ordinance #87-7 forbids dogs and cats in the drainage area surrounding Nottingham Lake and in the waterways leading to the lake. All dogs must be on a leash, and this law is strictly enforced by Town officials. For safety reasons, we also ask that no dogs be brought to special events that occur within Nottingham Park.