- General Government
- Town Clerk
- Vehicle Impoundment License
Vehicle Impoundment License
Vehicle Impoundment licenses are issued by the Town Clerk with the approval of the Avon Police Chief. The process and requirements are for issuing such licenses are outlined in Avon's Municipal Code Chapter 5.12:
- No wrecker or parking enforcement company may engage in towing or booting operations without first having obtained a license from the Town Clerk.
- New license application fees for a wrecker or parking enforcement company, other than a renewal thereof, shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable application fee in the amount of four hundred dollars ($400.00). The annual license renewal fee for a wrecker or parking enforcement company shall be one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) due upon the anniversary of the date of issuance of the business license for such wrecker or parking enforcement company.
- Upon receipt of a license application and application fee under Section 5.12.020, the Town Clerk forwards the application to the Police Chief, who conducts an investigation and criminal background check as is necessary to determine that the applicant is a fit and proper person to conduct or work in the proposed business. Employee Background forms are included with the application materials.
- The Police Chief will investigate that a wrecker applicant has received and has currently in force a permit to operate as a towing carrier from the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- The Police Chief will investigate that the wrecker has currently in force public liability and property damage insurance or surety bond providing coverage sufficient to meet the requirements of the rules and regulations of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission governing towing carriers; that the parking enforcement company has public liability and property damage insurance or surety bond providing coverage of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence.
Please see Chapter 5.12 for detailed information related to the signage requirements and the rules and regulations governing this type of use for the Town of Avon. The vehicle impoundment application materials must be completed in full in order to process such license. Any further questions, please contact the Town Clerks office.