- Feature Links
- Finance (Do Not Delete)
- Contractor Information
Thank you for choosing Avon for your project. In order to promote a smooth project, the Town of Avon provides the Contractor Information Packet which has information on Avon’s policies and procedures for the imposition of sales tax on construction materials.
- Avon charges sales tax on all construction materials sold within the municipal boundaries, including the delivery of construction materials to a job site in Avon.
- All construction materials delivered to a job site within Avon are subject to Avon’s 4% sales tax, including construction materials sold by a vendor physically located outside of Avon’s town boundaries.
- Avon also charges sales tax on all tangible personal property and construction materials installed on a job site in Avon by a “Retailer-Contractor”. A “Retailer-Contractor” is contractor who purchases tangible personal property at wholesale and then installs the tangible personal property on a property in Avon.
To meet Town of Avon filling requirements please review the following Contractor Information Packet. Please note:
- Bids and cost estimates for your project should include Avon’s sales tax.
- General Contractors and/or Project Managers should convey this information to their subcontractors and suppliers.
- Each Contractor, Sub Contractor, Supplier or Retail Contractor doing business in Avon must have a Business License and Sales Tax License. Please register your business at https://avon.munirevs.com. Our online system allows you to obtain your license, file your returns and make payment in one place.
- General Contractors need a Business License before a building permit can be issued. The Avon Supplier Verification Form must be provided to the Town of Avon prior to the start of the project and at the end of each project.
- Sub Contractors need both the Business License and the Sales Tax License.