Updates and resources around COVID-19 in the Eagle River Valley
The Town of Avon has taken aggressive measures to implement the Standing Public Health Orders issued by Eagle County Department of Health & Environment and recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. We have adjusted our protocols to emphasize social distancing practices in our day-to-day municipal operations. We ask that you conduct as much business with the Town of Avon as possible via phone and/or online services. This information will be updated as new announcements are made.
On Thursday, March 19th, Governor Jared Polis updated Public Health Order 20-22 to include all businesses offering “non-essential personal services” such as hair and nail salons, spas, and tattoo and massage parlors. The Order, originally issued on March 16, 2020, also closes all bars, restaurants (dine-in), theaters, gymnasiums and casinos in Colorado in an effort to protect and preserve the public health. Additionally, the Governor extended the Order through April 30, 2020. Establishments may continue to offer food and beverage using delivery service, window service, walk-up service, drive-through service, or drive-up service, and must use precautions in doing so to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19, including social distancing. Establishments may allow up to five members of the public at one time on the premises for the purpose of picking up their food or beverage orders, so long as those individuals are at least six feet apart from one another. View Public Health Order 20 22 here.
For the most up to date information about COVID-19 in our community, visit ECEmergency.org.
For a complete list of business resources, visit https://www.vailvalleypartnership.com/2020/03/covid-19-business-resources/
For statewide data about the pandemic spread, visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/data
For a letter from President and CEO of Vail Health Will cook, visit https://www.vailhealth.org/news/time-to-take-covid-19-seriously-in-eagle-county
As of Friday, March 20th, Town of Avon operational changes include the following:
• Avon Town Hall is closed to the public. All departments are available for remote meetings. For a complete staff directory, visit avon.org/directory.aspx.
• Avon Public Works has reduced snow removal operations due to staffing and social distancing requirements. The schedule will be as follows:
AM Snow Plow Operations
PM Snow Plow Operations
3 PLOW TRUCKS
2 PLOW TRUCKS
ROADS TO BE PLOWED:
PRIMARY, SECONDARY,TERTIARY ROUTES
PRIMARY: AVON ROAD,WEST/EAST BEAVER CREEK BLVD, POST BLVD., SWIFT GULCH ROAD, NOTTINGHAM ROAD, METCALF ROAD AND BUCK CREEK ROAD.
SECONDARY: HURD LANE/EAGLEBEND DRIVE AND CULDESACS IN WILDRIDGE
TERTIARY: ALL OTHER ROADWAYS
ROADS TO BE PLOWED:
NORTH OF I-70 PLOW TRUCK: SWIFT GULCH ROAD, NOTTINGHAM ROAD, METCALF ROAD AND BUCK CREEK ROAD.
SOUTH OF I-70 PLOW TRUCK: AVON ROAD, EAST/WEST BEAVER CREEK BLVD. AND POST BLVD.
PRIMARY: TOWN HALL, POLICE DEPARTMENT, SWIFT GULCH, RECREATION CENTER
SIDEWALKS: AVON ROAD AND MALL AREAS
• The Avon Town Council meeting on Tuesday, March 24th will be held remotely. Details on how to watch and participate remotely to come.
• Avon Recreation Center is closed until at least April 17, 2020 in response to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Order issued March 17, 2020 which prohibits business by bars, restaurants, gyms, theaters, and casinos. All recreation center passes will be extended through the duration of the facility closure. All recreation programs through the closure are cancelled, and the program fees will be refunded as a household credit to the members’ accounts.
• Transit Operations are continuing with modifications. The Red Line, Blue Line, and the Night Rider will operate per schedule. For Beaver Creek Village, please transfer to the Beaver Creek bus at the Elk lot. The Skier Express Shuttle and Restaurant Shuttle are not operational.
• Police Building is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Police front counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970.748.4040 to confirm.