Avon Tennis and Pickleball Courts Open
Avon, CO – The Avon Tennis and Pickleball Courts in West Nottingham Park are now open! The Avon Recreation Department is pleased to offer this outdoor recreational activity and we know that many in the community are anxious to enjoy their favorite sport. All tennis and pickleball Players are reminded that the Eagle County Public Health Order remains in effect. Unfortunately, the Town cannot open the basketball courts at this time under the Phase 1-Beginner Level of the Eagle County Public Health Order because basketball is a high contact sport.
Protocols for minimizing the spread of COVID-19 must be observed while using the courts. The current Eagle County Public Health Order relies heavily on individual responsibility. The Town of Avon asks all tennis and pickleball Players to respect and follow these protocols.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL PLAYERS:
- Please, please, please DO NOT enter the courts if you have any COVID-19 symptoms!
- Maximum of two Players per court. Singles play or drilling only with just one ball per person.
- Please use every other court when the courts are open.
- Players should bring hand sanitizer and use the hand sanitizer regularly before, during and after play.
- All Players must maintain proper social distance (6 ft. apart) whether engaged, waiting, or observing play in and around the court areas.
- Players are not required to wear face covering during play IF maintaining proper social distancing.
- When not playing, wearing of face coverings is encouraged for inward and outward protection of all Players, especially when waiting to rotate on to the courts.
- Players are encouraged to place their personal items (backpack, water bottles, etc.) at a safe distance (6 ft.) from other players’ items to avoid any surface contact.
- Players should label a personal ball that ONLY they will touch during play.
- Errant balls should be returned to the owner of the ball via foot or racquet push of the ball and not by hand.
- Switch sides of court at end of game only.
- No handshakes, racquet bumps or physical contact between players.
- Seniors and vulnerable individuals are encouraged to remain at home and avoid all person to person contact.